Emergency Dentistry Services Offeredin East Point and Fayetteville, GA
It can happen in an instant – maybe your teenager has tripped down the stairs and broken a tooth, or maybe your spouse’s toothache has suddenly progressed from bad to unbearable. In these frightening instances, don’t hesitate to reach out to Dr. Mitchell and his team here in East Point or Fayetteville, GA. We want you to provide you and your loved ones with the relief you need right away, and that’s why we make every effort to see emergency cases as soon as possible.
What Counts As A Dental Emergency?
We trust your judgment when you call in with an urgent situation, however if you’re still unsure, here are some of the situations Dr. Mitchell regularly sees that are our team would consider urgent:
- Partially dislodged tooth
- Fully knocked-out tooth
- Cracked/fractured tooth
- Lost or damaged restoration, such as a filling, crown, or bridge
- Severe toothache, especially with localized swelling
- Object stuck between the teeth
- Oral bleeding
- Gum tissue injury
How Can I Prevent Dental Emergencies?
Unfortunately, some dental emergencies will never be fully avoidable. However, these helpful tips can minimize you and your family’s chances of experiencing one over time:
- Remember to have regular checkups and cleanings twice a year! This way, Dr. Mitchell can identify potential dental emergencies when they’re still small and relatively simple to treat.
- Exercise caution when eating foods that are tough, sticky, or chewy. Be sure to suck on the ice in your drink instead of chewing it, as that can damage enamel over time.
- Always keep a pair of scissors nearby to cut open difficult packaging – your aching teeth will thank you for it.